WWE’s latest episode of SmackDown kicked off live at WWE ThunderDome, Amway Center, Florida. Here, you will get to know about WWE SmackDown Highlights 2nd Oct along with the match results and winners list.
SmackDown began with Roman Reigns this week. Once again, he asked Jey Uso that he should call him The Tribal Chief. Uso said yes for the challenge of Roman. Reigns had challenged Uso for the Universal Title and promised him that this match would have the highest stakes in WWE history.
WWE SmackDown Highlights 2nd Oct 2020 Top Moments
Here are the top moments of the WWE SmackDown 2nd October 2020-
- Sami Zyan was furious that he had to fight for what already belongs to him.
- Otis said next week he will represent himself in the lawsuit, which is against Miz.
- Big E challenged Sheamus to have a Fall Counts Anywhere match in the coming episode of SmackDown.
- Lucha House Party teamed up with Matt Riddle. It appears like they have parted with Kalisto, at least for tonight.
- The identity of Mystery Woman was revealed. It was Carmella in a promo, and she announced her comeback on the show.
- Sasha Banks challenged Bayley to have SmackDown’s Women’s Title match in the next week SmackDown episode.
- The Fiend is going face KO in the upcoming SmackDown’s episode.
SmackDown Highlights 2nd Oct 2020 Match Results
Check out the complete match details and results here-
1. AJ Styles vs. Jey Uso
Styles was passing comments on Jey and got hit with a headbutt by Uso. AJ was moved over the ropes by Uso. Jey failed to dive successful as he got stuck at the apron. Styles hits Uso with a vertical suplex.
Styles was dominating the match, and soon he got hit with a Samoan Drop. Jey then hits him with a neck breaker to get a near fall. Styles was looking for Styles Clash, Uso reversed his move and then hit a Suicide Dive in the outward direction.
Uso attempted to hit with a splash, but Styles regained his strength. Jey terminated a Phenomenal Forearm with a Superkick. Uso also hits with a Frogsplash for winning the match.
Result: Jey Uso is the winner.
2. John Morrison vs. Otis
Otis is all set for defending himself and his contract in the court in the coming week. This week he utilized his match against John Morrison to mark his opening statement.
Morrison was moved down at the beginning of the match as Otis overpowered him; Morrison hits Otis with a kick. Otis, in return, hits John with a big clubbing clothesline. Morrison got knocked down one more time by Otis, but he bounced off from the ropes before that.
Otis illuminated the WWE ThunderDome in the match’s final moments by hitting John with Caterpillar, followed by a thunderous splash to get the pin.
Result: Otis is the winner.
3. Shorty G vs. Sheamus
Initially, Sheamus showed great strength, but soon he got hit by Shorty G with a German Suplex. Gable was looking for a pin, but Sheamus kicked out and then dodged a Moonsault. Sheamus then hits Shorty G with a Brogue kick and earns himself a quick victory.
For Sheamus, it was a short and sweet win over Shorty G.
Result: Sheamus is the winner.
4. Matt Riddle and Lucha House Party vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro and Baron Corbin
Shinsuke and Dorado both kicked off the match. Soon Kalisto entered and got shocked, seeing that he was left all alone by his teammates. Inside the ring, there were King Corbin and Matt Riddle. Matt hits with a standing moonsault followed by the Broton to get a near fall.
Cesaro was inside the ring. Metalik moved out King Corbin by making a dive from the ropes. Kalisto moved out a teammate of his own by hitting with a kick. Matt looked for the Final Flash. Matt Riddles hits Cesaro with BroDerek and wins the match.
Result: Matt Riddle and Lucha House Party are the winner.
4. Jeff Hardy vs. Sami Zayn: Intercontinental Championship Match
Zayn had good strength in the starting. Sami pulls out the cover from the top turnbuckle, and then they headed towards the outside. Jeff attempted to hit with a risky move but failed as Zayn sidestepped. Jeff was crashed into the barricades.
Zayn hits with a diving elbow and then went for set up for his top rope move. Hardy hits Sami with a massive Superplex. Jeff went for a combination of Basement Dropkick and Atomic Drop. Hardy then went to hit Sami with a splash to receive a near fall.
Zayn hits with the Exploder Suplex and then hits with a Blue Thunder bomb. Jeff hits Sami with a Swanton Bomb. Sami failed to hit Jeff with a Helluva Kick, but somehow, he managed to move Jeff into the turnbuckle, and in the end, the match was rewarded to Sami.
Result: Sami Zayn is the winner.
WWE SmackDown Predictions For Next Week Show 9th Oct by WrestlingOceans
1. In Falls Count Anywhere Match, Big E might defeat Sheamus.
The match has been officially confirmed on the show. This match could be among the main highlights of the show. The game is most likely to be rewarded to Big E, and after winning the game, he can move for the new feud.
2. KO is likely to get defeated by The Fiend.
The Fiend had attacked KO on the show tonight. WWE has officially confirmed the match between two for the next episode of SmackDown. We think that The Fiend is going to defeat KO.
3. Rhea Ripley might officially get drafted by the Blue Brand.
Rhea Ripley is having great chances of being called up for WWE’s main roster at the draft time. If this comes, true Rhea will move to SmackDown. For the women’s division of SmackDown, this could be a great addition.
4. During the draft, The Lucha House Party might announce their split-up officially.
From the past few weeks, WWE has been showing tension among the members of The Lucha House. The probability is very high that they might split up now. The might split-up during the WWE Draft. One might be selected for the red brand and two for the blue brand or vice versa.
Concluding SmackDown 2nd Oct 2020 Highlights & Results
Here we conclude WWE SmackDown show highlights and match results 2nd October 2020.
The recent episode of SmackDown was filled with lots of thrill and excitement. Many exciting matches and important announcements for the next episode of SmackDown we got.
- At backstage, Sheamus accepted the challenge given by Big E.
- For defeating Jeff Hardy, Sami Zayn made use of an exposed turnbuckle.
- To win the match, Matt Riddle and The Lucha House Party teamed up and left behind Kalisto.
- John Morrison got crushed by Otis.
- Jey Uso received another title shot by Roman Reigns.
- The ending of the Intercontinental Championship match ended up in a controversy.
- For next week’s SmackDown, we already have the confirmation of the three matches.
This is all from WWE SmackDown, 2nd October. Stay tuned for more updates on RAW, SmackDown, and NXT.